Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sleepless Chronicles: Idiosyncrasies - Day 10

Double digits? That was quick. It seems like only yesterday when that number was a goose egg (that's a zero in case you're wondering). But I guess my body knew it was the first of the final days. Just wouldn't let me sleep. Finished assignmenting at 11:40 P.M., slept at 12, woke at 5:30 A.M. for no apparent reason. Great. Messages. Woo! Dead body, sleeping mind.

Trudge to kitchen. Cup. Two spoons chocolate. One spoon coffee. One spoon sugar. Rich blend of "keep me up in my lectures, please". Caffeine. It's a lie. Supposed to keep me awake but I was asleep within two hours. Curse this metabolism. Sleep in maths. Wake for psychology tute and lecture. Little break with a long time friend. Psychology experiment. Mix fake chemicals to determine which would enable a fictitious organism to live longer. Monotonous psychology experiment. Move on to chemistry. Cool light demonstration thingy. Turn panel clockwise, one light on, one light off. Opposite is TRUE. Zombie over to Biochemistry building. Spectrophotometry. Beeping machines. Right results, wrong results. Stomach ache. No food since breakfast...7 hours ago. Breeeeaaaaak. Toilet hunting. Get lost in the staircase. Successful adventure! Sleep walk through the next prac. Go home. Train to punchy. Walk to cousins. Beats pumping. Needed something to keep me awake. Stumble to car. Blackout. Wake up at home. Find bed. Sleep. Wake. Eat. Shower. The present is now...

My day in an italicised nutshell. So tired. No sleep. Please call. Just for a moment. I need to hear the voice. Anything. I can't sleep. It hurts my head. Dreams are meant to be painless. Mine are just weird. Like really weird.

Sitting here in my room, air-con on heating everything to a nice crisp. Thinking. Wondering what Jyamaigo is doing. Wondering what the other 4 J's in my life are doing. Wondering why I'm awake. Cheers to f*****g weekend, I'll drink to that. Only 15 hours to go for me. And hopefully at least 6 of those hours will be sleep. Maybe a couple will be Left 4 Dead 2 :P

One can only hope :)


I'm with it if you with it,

The Sleepless Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment