Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh the pain

Talk about a 9 to 5 grind. Well 9 to 3. Week two of work has begun. It's not bad but Imma still be looking for a second job that I can slide into when I get the chance. Thinking retail. Or maybe some place where I'd enjoy using the approx. 20% employee discount  >=)

But it was a full day. It took me an hour to get home, followed by an hour of rest and then an hour of training. TKD training. My first class in over four months. Paiiiiiiiin. The warm up alone took a lot out of me. Then the sparring. I still got the kicks and shit. But the accuracy. The speed. Where did it all go? It's gonna take a lot more than a week to get it back. And then pitting me against the senior member? I landed one kick on him.One. OF NINE.

But we did my favourite part of class: ROLY POLY! My first attempt was shocking. Just shoulder charged the air and rolled across my shoulder as I landed. The second was over a pile of sparring pads about a metre high. Midway through my jump my mind thought somersault. So I retracted my hands. And landed on my back. Hard. Talk about a suicide flip. Then came the hard one. The pile increased to at least 1.5 metres I'm sure. And it was the only one I cleared properly.

But enough about that. Training will be in progress until we break. The biceps need to exceed my forearm size, not be the same. Disproportionate much?

Checklist of conspicuous purchases to be made:

iPhone 4 (probably will be done next week)
Xbox 360 Slim (250gb)
PS3 320gb
New In-Ear Earphones
Laptop
Halo Reach
Black Ops
NBA 2k11
AC2 and Brotherhood
Fable 3

There's more but I forget

TSD out.

No comments:

Post a Comment