Sunday, October 24, 2010

Transformations...

One life ends, another begins. Yeh, so had the memorial mass today. Wasn't that exciting. Plus I got wardrobe malfunction when my belt broke but that was before we were at the church so crisis avoided. Pretty uneventful time but I did get to see my more distant rellies that I hadn't in a while and that's always good. I'd forgotten I had a cousin sitting the HSC. Anyway, after the mass there was a christening and a wedding (I didn't attend them, I just knew they were happening). It really put into perspective how quickly life can change. Transformations.


Just thought I'd start out on a slightly deeper note. Today was probably one of my best days in a while. Hey, Mista Jyamaigo, thanks for the "SLEEP MORE" tip. It worked. You turned me from The Sleepless Dreamer into The Dreamless Sleeper. A good 10 hours. Thanks mayne. Well to be fair, I discovered that your subconscious can take over while you are still conscious. What I mean to say is that I was lying down experiencing an interesting dream while still being completely aware of my real life surroundings, feeling the mattress shift under me, the threads of the quilt as the passed over my skin and the soft squishiness of my comfy pillow. It makes for a trippy experience. A pitch black dream, with only occasional glimpses of light, only being able to hear what's going on with the world inside your head and the reality of life making you think...wtf?


Dayum, I done it all today. Been a Dreamless Sleeper like the rest of the world for once, nerded it up in prep for 2unit tomorrow (good luck to the 4uniters out there as well as my fellow 2u'ers), gone sombre for a bit, been a giver of info, laughed it up and then chilled it out. Relax mode is locked and loaded.


And yes. My next project has been decided on. Apart from the drawing that I will be practising (got one lined up for someone and if you're lucky you might get to see it. Maybe. Slim chance) I will endeavour on my greatest challenge yet. The Human Dictionary Project. I'll be compiling a dictionary of the people I know, provided I have their permission and blessing etc., and attempting to attach them to a word that they can define in my eyes. It is the person that makes the words, not the words that make the person. Remember that.


For those that I'll see tomorrow, good luck. Transform those blank pages you get into the answers they want. Transform yourselves into mathemagical machines (see that, that's 'alliteration'. English still hasn't worn off). Then transform your lives into whatever you want.


Reverting to alpha state,


The Sleepless Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment