Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pub Stomping the Drought Away

I'm tryna live good, that's an understatement
They say life's about choices
In the face of defeat I declined
Put your soul into everything, never back down
That's how you leave a legacy behind

They ask if a word has meaning if it's not heard. The whispers of the unknown. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it truly make a sound? Doesn't matter, won Origin I. Everyone heard that. From Bankstown to the Bay. The final whistle sounded and the pub erupted louder than Vesuvius in it's last days.

Alcohol, good friends and a game is a wicked combination for a Wicked Wednesday. Shit went cray cray. Off the hook. I haven't been that excited about a footy game in a while. The highs and lows, the cheers and the screams. And the absolute mania when he clocked him. CRACK!



Absolute ripper of a shot. Some say it was dirty but I say bring back the biff. State of Origin is a gritty game and should be played as such. BAM, BAM, BAM, to the face! Reminiscent of some of that Deluxe 4 shit.

All in all, it was a good game. The Blues got off to an early start scoring with Jarryd Hayne on the receiving end of a perfect offload and carrying three Maroons over to score. A penalty further extended the lead to 8-0 before Jennings muscled his way over the line before half time to lead the teams into the break, 14-0.

The second half was well underway with a strong stalemate until the 61st minute when Darrius Boyd crossed for Queensland to bring them to withing 8 points. The Maroons surged from his effort with Cameron Smith being denied a try for double movement just five minutes from full time.

The match safely in hand, the game finished with the final score 14-6. No doubt there's more extensive news in and around nrl.com but right now I'm just so happy that we've finally won the first game. So happy that I couldn't care less that I have to give a final presentation at 730am tomorrow and I'm still up. We have a real shot ladies and gentlemen, a real fine shot.

Sorry my Queenslander sisters, but not this time. This is our year (I hope). 

I'm not tipsy,

The Sleepless Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment