Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy Birthday, Little Brother

I done left shit alone
People say I'm living wrong
But a fella so gone
And I'm still gonna reach that top spot,
I'm a high shot
More dough than your pop's got
Thankful for everything that I've got
Look into the sky for what I've got


Happy Birthday, Brother!

So yes, I know your birthday was a while ago. I know that this is a little bit of a lot late. But we only just recently bought you this cos you broke the last one. Homewrecker, LOL. It's all new, with all new music and an all new set up just for you. Just the way I know you like it.

So I love my little brother. Who knew TSD had one? A lot of you actually, but why not tell a tale of epic proportions? A tale of battles won, treaties signed, and titles passed from one man to another. Or maybe I'll just tell you my story =P

My little brother. He is actually my older brother. Paradoxical, right? What an oxymoron! No, not moron, my brother is not a moron. Call him that and I'll feed you your own entrails. I protect my little brother with all my life. Hell is not even too great a price to pay for that protection.

A lot of people know I have a brother. He is physically a few years my senior and miles ahead of me in strength, which is supremely annoying cos I lift and he doesn't. The genetics are strong in this family. I don't think he's even been to a gym in his life. What a lot of people don't know is that my brother was born with a mental disability.

This disability means that my brother has a learning impairment. He expresses himself in a similar fashion to that of an adolescent child. This is why he is my little brother. He is bigger than me in every aspect, but at heart he is a bigger kid than even I am. And I love him for it.

He constantly surprises me with how much he knows, how much he understands, how much he can really actually do. He never stops smiling. He is my rock on this earth, my gift from our Creator. I have never seen him without a smile on his face, the smile of an Earthly Angel. That smile that can instantly cheer me up, no matter how angry I am with the world and it's utterly stupid inhabitants (of which I am the most utterly stupid). It forces the anger from my mind, clears my judgement and makes me think rationally again. It even warms the hearts of every single person around him, even those who would call him a stranger.

Sworn to be his protector, his guardian angel human, his big brother, I have been inspired by the love I have for this man. You may have noticed a sudden interest in working with kids, making the jump into a career that I can see as being highly rewarding. It comes all from him. My experiences with my brother have made me realise just how much I love children, working with them, being there for them. My brother's own childlike innocence has inspired this in me. He makes me a better person and has never given up on me, even when the most arrogant fool on the planet has (me).

So here's to the best brother I could have. My older brother, my little brother, my inspiration and the heart I wear on my sleeve. Stay the same, brother, and make sure that I change into the man you see in me.

For those I love, I will sacrifice everything.

Forever your protector,

Brother Sleepless

No comments:

Post a Comment