Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Open Letter to the Editor - What Was or Will Be

Nothing less and nothing more
I hear your heart hit the floor
Talking feelings and I ain't know
I guess that's just the motion

Let this shit breathe...

He done went and turned water to wine
Nothing sweet 'bout friends turned to enemies of mine
But every time you think to know me, I turn on
Weak shit, most think I stopped tryin'
Chasing thoughts so long I've run a marathon
It's getting so cold in here, brainfreeze
Disjointed till this battle with pen and paper is won
Sorry Junior
You're not even here, the world already ruined ya
The politics of it all consumed the Dreamer
Left him drowning in insomnia
I hop out the G6 surrounded by mannequins
They told me "Surround yourself with happy things"
But no one told me rage comes easier
And that's just the cousin of anger, sorry to sound cheesier
But this is my freedom of speech
Draining away my life, something of a vampire but nothing more than a leech
Trifling ass troubles
Talking how you deserved this and I deserved that
And how could anyone forget it?

Rather you make this an open letter
About family and struggle and it taking forever

But when did anyone forget it?
The Dreamer with Insomnia
Not that fool with amnesia
I bet this shit is confusing
Welcome to my life, it's a wonder I'm not using
Pure happiness to pure anger, bipolar
Delusions of grandeur, schizophrenia
Hatred burning through my chest, paranoia
Family opened the doors
They broke down the walls
His guardian helps me through my falls
And when did anyone forget it?

Rather you make this an open letter
About family and struggle and it taking forever

*     *     *

Regularly irregular, Completely incomplete, Insanely sane,

The Sleepless Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment