Friday, May 27, 2011

And they say by the end of this song...


The male prostate is an organ, part muscle – part gland, sits directly below the bladder and is surrounded by a rich network of blood vessels (see Figure 1). It is present in all males and has two muscular functions: it opens and closes the urethral channel through which urine is expelled from the bladder into the penis and it prevents the release of urine during sexual arousal to allow for the release of semen (Blakemore, 1998). Cancer of the prostate involves the uncontrolled (and unnecessary) cell reproduction in the prostate, causing excessive numbers of abnormal cells to be produced; these are known as tumours. Should these tumours become malignant (grow at an aggressive rate, see Figure 2), the cancer can become metastatic and move to other areas of the body, eventually leading to death (Stephens, 2000).

So, ummmmm.... that's what I've been doing while I was away. Human Biology essay. Joy. Oh and the hardest Biostatistics quiz I've EVER seen (granted I have only seen two). But I passed. Thanks to my multiple choice guessing skills! 6 out of the 12 guesses I made were correct plus with the ones I actually didn't guess, I frigging passed :)

Did y'all see that State of Origin? Holy crap that was an epic match. I mean damn right down to the wire. I really thought we had it, before Slater had to ruin the party. But it shows the boys have it in them so I guess they'll win the next one. Cos they've shown they can. Plus home ground advantage...oh yeah! Hoping a different team ends its losing streak tonight. They definitely have the means to, it's all a matter of desperation now.

About two and a half weeks till Semester 1 finals. Damn they came up quick. Guess I'll have to be getting ready for those.


Waiting on a big payday to go shopping. Already have what I want in mind. All I need now is a birthday, a credit card and a paypal. Should all be easy, right?


Props to the iSeek group. If you've heard of it why not be a part of it, if that's your thing. I went along to the first session. It was pretty good. Facebook them if you're interested.


And a final heads up to Jyamaigo. Next Friday, what time y'all finish? Hangover 2 and/or Thor watching? Hit me up bruddah.


Staying up late,
The Sleepless Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment