Monday, October 28, 2013

Egalitarian Opportunism - Rant #4

Welcome to planet Earth
Where people are divided
Some who try to fight it got violence and it hurts
Damaged turf, put men at work so people could manage personal demons and them it's worth

And now the world is crumbling and they want us on our knees. But we were born fighters. Baptisms by water, fire and blood. Yes, I know I start sentences with coordinating conjunctions. And what? That point is irrelevant. My point, really, is that I find it so funny that the Earth is so divided. Race comes to mind as a big one. Religion too. There's others. Age discrimination, sexuality etc. It's kinda saddening.

I really don't understand racism. I mean, I'm white (really I'm Lebanese, but close enough) and I love everybody. Literally, everybody. Even the people I hate. I think it comes down to the fact that overly sensitive people as well as racism itself perpetuate racism. And then there's the whole division over sexuality and equality arguments. Uh oh. This guy going to talk about homosexual issues? Controversial! Butt fuck it. I'm going in.

First off, I'm going to start by saying that I have absolutely zero problem with someone being of the homosexual persuasion. I said I love everybody. As a Catholic, my love excludes nobody. Except maybe myself, because nobody loves me. But seriously, no problem with them. I have gay friends. Yes, that's right, friends.

The thing that caught my attention, was that there was a bill that passed recently in Australia that legalised same-sex marriage in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). This vexes me. This is, for some societally determined reason, a relevant irrelevant issue. While I have no feelings of animosity towards homosexual individuals, I do harbour an averse reaction to this "issue".

"You've changed. You used to believe it was fine, now you don't". I've had that said to me by someone that was, at the time, close to my beating organ of blood distribution. She was wrong. I never changed, my belief has always been that of opposition to same-sex marriage.

First and foremost, I am of the belief that the purpose of love is life. There is no greater love than that of love for your child. The purpose of life and relationships is, aside from loving others and spreading joy (hooray for Catholic values!) is to procreate. To create life. To create more love. You can't do this in same-sex marriage. Unfortunate, I know, but a fact nonetheless.

Secondly, it is posed as a move for equality but it acts as a vehicle of redistributing inequality. Granted, I am a Catholic and my beliefs go against same-sex marriage in the first place but I don't blindly believe. I take my time to question and find the answers for myself. As a Catholic, same-sex marriage goes against the sacramental nature of marriage. It takes a union divine in nature and degrades it. In addition to this, if these laws were to be passed, it could be used as a means to force same-sex marriage into churches (as this is where some people may want to married, traditionalist values and all). Forcing a practising priest to go against his beliefs in his own institution which is against the idea doesn't seem like a thing "equality" would promote does it? Didn't think so.

Third, I like the human race existing. Procreation is required. Refer to my first point for further detail. Make an appointment, all that good ish.

Fourth, society moves in phases and cycles. The latest fad will eventually die out as we all know and expect. Now, I'm not saying this is a fad. I'm just saying that, should same-sex marriage come to be legalised because we want one of those egalitarian (oh fancy) societies, I predict there would be a surge and then a sudden stop and trickle. It's not like they can't live without it. They have been. And I don't often see any people of any persuasion having a problem with that. You dig?

And that's just what I believe, I guess. Danke, I'm here till, well, forever.

L.A.M.G.P. (Loving All My God's People)

Patty McFatty

P.S. Check This Out: http://littlecatholicbubble.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/gay-catholic-and-doing-fine.html

No comments:

Post a Comment