Sunday, August 18, 2013

Twerk It Pt. 2 - What Does the Earth Revolve Around?

Disclaimer: this rhymer, Lupe, is not usin' "bitch" as a lesson
But as a psychological weapon
To set in your mind and really mess with your conceptions
Discretions, reflections, it's clever misdirection

Normally, I'd sit back and watch the world burn. Normally, I'd be happy to watch the squabble pan out. Normally, it'd amuse me. Let's be honest, it kinda does! But then being as chill as I am, I rarely feel a need to explain myself. I still don't. Sometimes, though, children need an education.

I'm going back in.

Welcome to the current age of Hip Hop, home of the video vixen; the bad b!@#h (censorship added for you overly sensitive, yet I'm betting desensitised, individuals out there). Tatted up, ass fat enough...Now why does that sound familiar? That's pretty much all I see out there aside from the few artists who, well, don't portray this superficial image. It's always that way. Hold on... This is getting excruciatingly similar to something... What was it? Think hard. Then there's the whole superficial nature of Hollywood and, no matter what your flag, shoe game is, on the surface, a superficial measure of status, style, whatever you care to call it, etc.

You know what also has a superficial surface? The Earth! Shameless segue: Did you know the Earth orbits the Sun? And that my world revolves around me. So, with all that's on my mental, "I'm finna do what I didn't do" and treat myself to my kicks. Thing is "I'm still waking up like the rent's due" because I'm a big boy now, unlike you kiddies who don't have bills to pay.

So class, have you learnt anything today? Did you learn to appreciate a comment on the game today? Do you see the link to my everyday life? Can you understand that interpretation of song is the expression of a mind? Did you even realise the meaning behind those aforementioned rhymes? Clever misdirection and insecurities got y'all tripping. I could be passive aggressive but over time you come to realise that aggressive aggressive is so much more fun. Take a superficial post how it's meant to be taken; at face value. Especially when it's mentioned who's being superficial (me). Or just keep giving me psychological weapons. Either way, I don't mind >=)

Brother on point, keep it coming. JR wrote 'em. #youdontmatter

And in the words of Big Sean Don, "Ho, shut the fuck up!"

The Sleepless Dreamer.

Oh and P.S. If you're gonna quote Drake to me, at least quote him correctly.

P.P.S. Still a bad bitch.

P.P.P.S. Brother Spud speaks! "You sound like you know me...Will the real Anon please stand up?"
Love my Mr J. This is dedicated to you!

Don't look at me

Every day is so wonderful
Then suddenly it's hard to breathe.
Now and then I get insecure
From all the pain, I'm so ashamed.

I am beautiful no matter what they say.
Words can't bring me down.
I am beautiful in every single way.
Yes, words can't bring me down... Oh no.
So don't you bring me down today.

To all your friends you're delirious,
So consumed in all your doom.
Trying hard to fill the emptiness.
The pieces gone, left the puzzle undone.
is that the way it is?

You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down....oh no
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring you down, oh, no
So don't you bring me down today...

No matter what we do
(no matter what we do)
No matter what we say
(no matter what we say)
We're the song inside the tune
Full of beautiful mistakes

And everywhere we go
(and everywhere we go)
The sun will always shine
(the sun will always, always shine)
And tomorrow we might wake on the other side

We are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down, no, no
We are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring us down, oh, no
So don't you bring me down today

Oh, yeah, don't you bring me down today, yeah, ooh
Don't you bring me down ooh... today




1 comment:

  1. You actually pointed out my misquoting of Drake. Just for the record Sleepless Dreamer, only an idiot would feel the need to quote Drake word-for-word. It's ok sometimes to articulate his words for your own purpose. Your excessive quoting of rappers gives me the impression that you don't realise how Drake and his 'crew' can be just a bunch of male chauvinist pigs. "Ho, shut the f**k up!" You're quite the ladies' man, Mr Sleepless Dreamer.

    ReplyDelete