Friday, July 19, 2013

But Never Late is Better - Triple Post (Grab Some Popcorn)

Maybe I'm dreaming
Maybe I'm fine
Maybe I just write it down cause I got it on my mind, man
It's not a biography, it's a rhyme
Reality or thoughts, either way this shit's mine

A lot on my mind. Now ain't that about a bitch? How can you have a lot on your mind? You can't even touch your mind. It's not a physical entity (relax, I know it's a figure of speech). Now the reality of the thought comes in. Are you living or dying? 

I'm here to tell you that you can only be dying. You are ageing. And ageing brings you closer to death. You are older today than you were yesterday. Therefore you are closer to death. Therefore you are dying. Even as you read this.

But man, am I living. See, it's not about merely existing. You have to feel. To let go and release everything. To become all that you ever wanted. Live. Live every moment in perfect union. The union is life.

Promises, I'd hoped to never break them. I did, though. Not intentionally. Never that. Mr Sleepless is much too proud to intentionally turn on his own word. Amends must and have been made. Repayments and the like. I have given up my debt to someone who took it willingly. The saving grace of that man truly inspires me. Forgiveness was on offer and I've begun to accept it on behalf of a lesser man. Cos what was done for me is way more.

Talk is now more cheap than it ever was in my household. That life has been wrought of forgiveness, hard work and perseverance. It strikes me how often family members can drift apart and then amuses me to think of the speed at which these barriers are torn down. Ever so slowly. We back, though. I'm home. House is no longer just a house. Neither of us wanna see that side no more. So we rebuilt the foundations on stronger ground. And from those rocks, life returned. 

It's mere presence. It's active participation. It's perseverance and perspiration. That's how you find ways to fix things; to solve your problems. None of us is ever truly alone. You just have to know where to look.

It may seem like our fire
Has been a little burned out, we're tired
We only need to stay close
In time sparks will fly

Been working on this post for a while. I don't know why it's taken this long, really. It's not like its any different to any of my previous posts, no better or worse so far as I can tell. I guess I just felt obligated to make up for lost time. And I'm the king of lost time. All I do is dream, after all. 

I'm know I'm not perfect, that's true, but sometimes I feel I'm perfect for you. No one comes to mind when I hear that line. Nobody. Perfection wrote a cheque that it never could cash. Perfection is less than perfect. And it's easy to be happy without it :)

Happiness shouldn't be a rare occurrence in life. It should be felt constantly throughout life. Our reason for living is to spread joy to others. That and procreation, but they're not mutually exclusive ;) 

Spread the joy and the happiness will follow. We're all too alone to be going through life by ourselves. Turn to the people around you. If the people around you are the ones making it worse, change them. If not, keep them. Networks are our security. They give us people to turn to when it feels like all you can find are dead ends. Talk to someone. Even if the only person you can talk to is a psychologist. Make a new friend. Take an old one and make them new. Or confide in those that have known you "like, since forever". 

Take it from me, the quiet one, the reserved one, the one that keeps it all inside, it really helps. How would I know? Because I'm often the one that serves as the get out of jail free card, the U-turn in the dead end, the shoulder to lean on with the ear to listen to everything. And I have those who I'm very willing to talk to, no matter how much I may refuse to talk to some or how protective over my own problems I am.

It'll lead to happiness. I can testify. Happiness is no longer a goal of my day. It just is. Better than ever before. And when you're happy, you can spread joy. And people begin to come to mind when you're able to spread the happiness, joy and love. 

You ain't crazy motherfucker, you're just afraid of change
That's new, maybe that's true
But listen here, I got a bigger fear
Of one day that I become you. 
And I become lost and I become heartless. 

I think imma call an end to this post after this part. It's taken me about two and a half weeks to put this one together. I honestly can't say why it's taken this long. Probably because I've been so busy catching up on work, family and friends. Time demands that when I have the free time away from uni, I spend all the time I can with all the people I love. Because family is more than just blood. 

Guess what? The Sleepless Dreamer is no longer a teenager. That's right, I officially hit the second decade of my clearly illustrious life. And the presents continue to roll in even two weeks after the momentous occasion. Nothing, however, beats the family I had around me. My mother and father. My amazing big brother. My cousins, aunties and uncles. And my family of another kind. Where blood flows thicker than water and bloodlines have nothing to do with determining the acceptance into my brother or sisterhood. 

I'm so perfumed up, I don't think I'm gonna need anymore till three birthdays from now. Gifts received, prayers answered, smiles smiled. It's been a while since I've had a genuine one on my face. And now I have more than I can count. And there's so many more birthdays coming up and I'm not talking about mine. And weddings. And parties and stuff. That joy I was talking on earlier, it's all around. You just gotta open your eyes to see it.

So there's that. What else happened that I can think of? Nothing, to be honest. Waiting on a new piece of tech (my birthday gift to me) to write a new Wicked Wednesday. No I didn't forget that, even though you thought I did. Delivery is just taking longer than I expected. Collected an army of minions although I'm apparently one short. It's all good though. I'm talking about those Despicable Me minions! I've got a few now (pics soon) and just got back from a surprise movie session involving watching the sequel. Not quite as good as the first but still amazingly funny. Why is it that every time I watch that series I hear laughter that lights up the world. I must have a great laugh :p 

Or do I?

Now I'm just tricking. I mean, why not? A very close friend of mine seems to be past a tough problem in her life. I'm so happy for her and just glad I was there for her if she ever needed anything. You a bad bitch, honey. 

Removing of wisdom teeth runs in the family. Lol jks, no one runs in my family. But seriously, ouchie.

Uni and work going well. Last week of holidays pretty much means I'm no longer at home at all, anytime, ever. So cheers to the weekend. 

So now you're all caught up, until semester restarts I'm gonna be ghost. 

Feeling like a juggernaught,

The Sleepless Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment